POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The other OS : Re: The other OS Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:11:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The other OS
From: Darren New
Date: 4 Aug 2011 12:36:44
Message: <4e3aca9c@news.povray.org>
On 8/4/2011 9:28, andrel wrote:
> If this is about color, it might indeed have been added later. What I am
> using now does support it.

Neither color nor images were supported by TeX in 1991 when I used it for my
thesis.

> there was a sort of generalized output format (or input format for the
> printing device, depending on your POV).

Well, more like only supported when there was a post-processor to put the
images into the empty spots TeX left for them, and only supported when color
printers were common. :-)

> OTOH so is it in Word.

Yep. I was just commenting that TeX and LaTeX aren't really simple enough
that you can make them do what you want with ease.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   How come I never get only one kudo?