POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The other OS : Re: The other OS Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:23:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The other OS
From: Warp
Date: 4 Aug 2011 12:22:11
Message: <4e3ac733@news.povray.org>
> >    It's things like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQAd41VAXWo

> Yes, my editor can do that. Indeed, it can even take that bunch of text and
> export the table to an actual SQL server.  It's exactly that sort of stuff
> that keeps corporations buying Word instead of OpenOffice.

  Can you do it in a text terminal through ssh? Can you customize the
functionality, change it, add new features or modify existing ones? Can
you run it on Windows, Linux, MacOS X, BSD, Solaris, and basically any
Unix-style OS in existence? Can you get that software for free?

  I didn't think so.

--
                                                          - Warp