POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The other OS : Re: The other OS Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:11:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The other OS
From: Darren New
Date: 4 Aug 2011 12:08:45
Message: <4e3ac40d$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/4/2011 8:45, andrel wrote:
> It does. No idea how you got that impression.
> It does. No idea how you got that impression.

The original versions didn't. It has probably been added to. It certainly
didn't when I used it for my thesis.

> small comparison: a friend of mine had written her thesis in Word,

Did she use styles in Word? I suspect not.

> And I had different layouts for chapters depending on whether it
> was published before or not.

You can do that in Word also, ya know. You just have to use styles from the
start, instead of trying to plug them in after the fact. Just like TeX.

> If you mean debugging style files or bibstyle files you are correct, that is
> a nightmare if you don't know what you are doing. Simple advise: don't touch
> them.

"Why does it insist on putting the images at the top of the next page
instead of the bottom of the page where I include it?"

"Because Leslie likes it that way."

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   How come I never get only one kudo?