POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The rise of multicellular organisms : Re: The rise of multicellular organisms Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:23:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The rise of multicellular organisms
From: Invisible
Date: 4 Aug 2011 08:40:43
Message: <4e3a934b@news.povray.org>
On 04/08/2011 01:26 PM, Mike the Elder wrote:

> I haven't really reached any firm conclusions with regard to the Endosymbiotic
> Hypothesis (basically, the idea that symbiotic cooperation and merging of
> simpler life forms played a major role in the development of more complex ones),
> but I think it has enough going for it to merit serious consideration.

I've read a couple of references which treat this as an established
scientific /fact/. (Which, I realise, doesn't necessarily mean a lot.)
I'm no expert in this field, but it appears that most consensus agrees
with this theory.

At least, at the moment. It is in the nature of almost /all/ scientific
theories that one day we'll decide it's total nonsense and the truth is
something completely different...