POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Post your first image! : Re: Post your first image! Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:26:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Post your first image!
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 3 Aug 2011 19:27:55
Message: <4e39d97b$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 03 Aug 2011 19:09:29 -0400, s.day wrote:

> Wish my memory was as good as yours.

I didn't remember the technical differences, I had to verify them
(Wikipedia proved a good resource for this info), but did remember that
the 80386 didn't include an on-board coprocessor in any incarnation.
That was, as Christian stated, a differentiator for the 80486 processor
line.

> On a more positive note, I actually
> found the files in an old zip file stashed away on my work PC. Funny to
> re-trace this image now, I think it took about 2 weeks to draw on my
> 386-SX 33Mhz PC at 320x240 and even with AA0.05 now is only 1m49s on my
> current PC. I did not even need to make any code changes (a couple of
> version comments had to be removed as this was for version 2.0).

That's pretty cool, I wish I could find my first published render (the
first was something like a standard RSOCP to see what could be done), it
was a cribbage board IIRC.  I know Chris Cason still has the listing from
the old CompuServe POVRAY forum.  The cards were scans of a deck I
purchased in Russia when I was there in 1988.

Jim