POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Gancaloon - urbanism wip : Re: Gancaloon - urbanism wip Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:25:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gancaloon - urbanism wip
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 3 Aug 2011 17:06:25
Message: <4e39b851$1@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot wrote:

> Well, this is not as simple as it seems, or I am doing something wrong
> (probably).

the subsampling of the height field needs to be done by rounding
the input coordinates

#declare cell_size = 0.03;

#declare F_flatroof = function {
  F_HF_00(int(x/cell_size)*cell_size,
          int(y/cell_size)*cell_size,
          int(z/cell_size)*cell_size).hf
}

and the thing about multiplying with the cell pattern was
just me not thinking clearly ;) Although it might be useful
to add a smaller scale cell pattern with low weight so that
not all houses within a block have exactly the same height.