POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Post your first image! : Re: Post your first image! Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:20:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Post your first image!
From: clipka
Date: 2 Aug 2011 14:36:00
Message: <4e384390@news.povray.org>
I just did some archeological excavations on my hard drive to find a
single surviving WIP image of what probably was the first POV-Ray scene
I've ever created - a file called

D:\Altkram\Backups
(Preliminary)\Unsorted\Disk-Backups\Miscellaneous\Stuff\Disk 010\BILLARD.PCX

being a 320x200 PCX file dated 1993-08-16. I took the liberty to convert
the image to a 800x600 PNG file to give you the original aspect ratio
and blocky look.

The image was most likely rendered on a 386 DX-40 machine (without
mathematical co-processor), using /some/ DOS version of POV-Ray
(presumably 2.0). As for the rendering time, I just recall it to have
been /awfully/ long.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'billard1.png' (43 KB)