POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Gancaloon - urbanism wip : Re: Gancaloon - urbanism wip Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:16:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gancaloon - urbanism wip
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 1 Aug 2011 08:07:07
Message: <4e3696eb@news.povray.org>
On 31-7-2011 17:04, Stephen wrote:
> That does look better. To my eyes the buildings on the right look right
> but the ones on the left look like rocks. As if the scale has changed.

Yes, I agree. The technique is not really perfect. Still, it gives some
interesting results. In the present image I decreased still more the
influence of the cell pattern, which reduces the rock-like effect I
guess. Some artefacts are visible from the averaging and/or pixel level
of the images. They may add to the illusion or not however. The problem
is still with the *flat* roofs. I guess I have to avoid steep slopes :-)
at least for the time being.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: