POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : All your radix are belong to us! : Re: All your radix are belong to us! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:30:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: All your radix are belong to us!
From: Lars R
Date: 1 Aug 2011 04:08:11
Message: <4e365eeb$1@news.povray.org>
> I said it's something someone who knows the hardware might […]

If you make assumptions about the hardware your program is running on
you're out of scope of C language.

Either you realy _know_ what your hardware _and_ your compiler do in the
current and will do in all future versions, or you better rely only on
the C language standard.

It is your choice. I prefere almost always the latter, except I have to
wirte platform-dependend code/optimizations etc.

L.