POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Question to the programers here : Re: Question to the programers here Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:23:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Question to the programers here
From: stbenge
Date: 30 Jul 2011 14:30:09
Message: <4e344db1$1@news.povray.org>
On 7/29/2011 7:39 PM, H. Karsten wrote:

> Actually I've did a lot of little things, using Free-Basic. But that becomes to
> buggy, so I moved to Rebol than.

I myself have just started using FreeBASIC, because my brother might be
programming again and I wanted to find him a good BASIC dialect. While
it's great to just get a program up-and-running with gfx, input, etc.,
it's an absolutely horrible language in all other respects. It's been
maybe a week since I got into it, and I'm beginning to realize that any
advantages I thought it had over C are far outweighed by its manifold
problems.

> Maybe I should give myself a push and move-one to c++.

The basics of C++ aren't so hard to learn, and it's nice to know
exactly_what_data_types you are using. The code is much cleaner than any
BASIC. Just make sure you free up any memory you allocate, as you don't
need leaks.

With C's vector class, you can create easily-manipulated dynamic arrays.
And if I'm not mistaken, it cleans up after itself so you don't need to
call a destructor at the end of your code.

~Sam