POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Today's WTF moment : Re: Today's WTF moment Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:23:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Today's WTF moment
From: Francois Labreque
Date: 29 Jul 2011 09:51:21
Message: <4e32bad9$1@news.povray.org>
Le 2011-07-29 04:12, Invisible a écrit :

> Well, ebuyer is very bad at formatting product descriptions properly.
> Most of them look like they blindly copy/pasted from the manufacturer's
> website. Hell, whoever did this probably thought that "pH" was a typo
> and helpfully "corrected" it.

The product description looks like it was written by Google's
Translation tool.  "Through a reverse osmosis and mixed bed facility is
also demineralized water. "  WAT????

> For this application (i.e., liquid cooling a computer), dissolved gas is
> unlikely to be important.

Actually, it would be.  Gas bubbles have a very different heat transfer
coeeficient and will act as an insulator, instead of a conductor.

> Also, while dissolved CO2 might make the water
> very slightly acidic, pH 2 is *very* acidic. Either they got their
> measurements hopelessly wrong, or this "very pure water" actually
> contains some kind of additive (perhaps to limit corrosion or something).

If it contains an additive, is it still "very pure"?  Also, the bottle
says that it is NOT an anti-corrosive agent, and that it should be mixed
with one, preferably their own, of course.

Overall, I'm getting a bad-vibe from this product.  Just like when
reading the description of audiophile gear.  Especially when you factor
in the deep barytone voice that says "Feser aquaaa.  Ultra puuurrrre
Waterrrr" when you visit their web site.