POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Today's WTF moment : Re: Today's WTF moment Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:30:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Today's WTF moment
From: Invisible
Date: 29 Jul 2011 04:26:14
Message: <4e326ea6$1@news.povray.org>
On 28/07/2011 09:28 PM, Darren New wrote:
> On 7/28/2011 12:24, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>> http://www.ebuyer.com/179913-feser-aqua-ultra-pure-coolant-1l-fa-0054
>> "...is extremely pure water..."
>
> Pure water is non-conductive. Water with contaminants is conductive.

I'm aware of that. (Although apparently many people aren't.) Our lab
water purification system (which really *does* produce "very pure
water") measures water purity in mega-Ohms - which is amusing, given
that it's the /non/-ionic containments which we're worried about!

>> "PH: 2.0 - 3.0"
>
> They have also filtered out the dissolved carbon dioxide from the air
> which would tend to make the water acidic.

Um, what?

pH 2 is *very* acidic. Pure water should be pH 7.0. Things having a pH
of 2.0 include lemon juice and vinegar. (Stomach acid is pH 1.0.)

By contrast, Wikipedia quotes a pH of about 5.65 for a solution of CO2
in water - much higher than 3 as quoted on the bottle. (Even fizzy water
as found in fizzy drinks is only about pH 4.)