POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The Onion on Rupert Murdock : Re: The Onion on Rupert Murdock Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:31:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Onion on Rupert Murdock
From: Darren New
Date: 23 Jul 2011 19:08:01
Message: <4e2b5451$1@news.povray.org>
On 7/23/2011 11:10, andrel wrote:
> On 23-7-2011 19:10, Darren New wrote:
>> On 7/23/2011 0:52, andrel wrote:
>>> What is yesbuthowever for kind of a source? Never heard of it.
>>
>> Me neither. It was just the first one I found while googling.
>
> Seems fair. Still: blog or news source?
>
> http://english.aljazeera.net/news/europe/2011/07/2011718201941133707.ht
ml
> http://edition.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/europe/07/19/uk.phone.hacking.hoare/i
ndex.html

Yeah. At that moment, all the Murdoch news was about the cream pie. I did
n't
feel like spending a lot of time trying to come up with a more profession
al
news source just because someone said "I don't know what you're talking
about." :-)

> Here it was just a very small sideline, then again we don't have any Mu
rdoch
> financed 'news' media here. I can imagine that a channel like Fox used
it to
> make a victim out of Murdoch, even to such an extend that more serious
> papers had to follow.

Basically.

>>> 'There were rumours that police were involved. This led to the
>>> resignation of two of Scotland Yard’s top cops.'
>>
>> Well, no. Murdoch was tapping phones by paying the police to do it for
 him.

> Murdoch himself certainly wasn't. The police have been accused of takin
> briberies, but that has not been proved as far as I know. I might have
not
> completely followed the story, but it generally is about hacking not
> tapping.

Some of it was hacking, like to get the voicemail. Some of it was
specifically tapping, if I read it correctly.

> Anyway, the two policemen resigned because their position was untenable

> because there was widespread doubt about their loyalty and professional

> conduct.

Fair enough.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)