POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I love a good debunking : Re: I love a good debunking Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:33:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I love a good debunking
From: Darren New
Date: 21 Jul 2011 20:15:57
Message: <4e28c13d$1@news.povray.org>
On 7/21/2011 16:27, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Jul 2011 12:06:13 -0400, Warp wrote:
>
>>   I have always wondered why companies seem to think so short-term.
>
> That's easy - they're public companies driven by quarterly earnings and
> not much else.

Basically. The rich people have gotten so rich that their groups (i.e.,
mutual funds) control most of the stock in most of the medium and large
companies. And since the mutual funds don't really care if the company is
around long-term (since there will always be other companies to invest in),
they're more interested in forcing policies that will make the mutual fund
look good at the cost of the companies the mutual funds invest in.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Coding without comments is like