POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I love a good debunking : Re: I love a good debunking Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:23:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I love a good debunking
From: Warp
Date: 21 Jul 2011 12:06:13
Message: <4e284e75@news.povray.org>
Mike the Elder <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> It's not so much that this guy is actually *swaying* anyone in Congress, rather
> it's simply the case that a large number of are legislators are bought and paid
> for by corporate interests who are intent on maximizing their profits regardless
> of the reality of global warmimg.  These folks are more than willing to exploit
> any ol' diversion, misdirection or smoke screen (a genuinely accidental pun)
> that becomes available.

  I have always wondered why companies seem to think so short-term. It's
like they are thinking: "Who cares what happens to the world 50 years from
now? It's not like our company will even exist that long." Eh... Many
companies, especially the successful ones, *do* exist decades, even
centuries. Such short-term planning seems counterintuitive to the goal of
a company succeeding big. Big success = company is prosperous for decades.
Short-term planning = company dies when the world dies.

--
                                                          - Warp