POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Fibrous : Re: Fibrous Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:20:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fibrous
From: Francois Labreque
Date: 21 Jul 2011 09:07:52
Message: <4e2824a8$1@news.povray.org>

> I'm wondering if anybody knows what that is.

This post is bordering on being on topic and should go in .advanced-users.

I seem to recall reading that in the Final Fantasy movie, they DID have
shots where each strand of hair was made up of  3 or 4 triangles, and
the model had 60,000 individual hairs, if I'm not mistaken.  Considering
that this movie was made over 10 years ago, one can safely assume that
rendering a similar shot today would be next to trivial.

I do know that Golumn's hairs were also individually modeled and
rendered, but he only had a handfull of them, so it's not quite the same
level of complexity.  ;)