POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tombstone in night : Re: Tombstone in night Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:18:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tombstone in night
From: Alain
Date: 18 Jul 2011 16:17:34
Message: <4e2494de$1@news.povray.org>

> Hello all.
>
> This is slightly dramatic graveyard scene, but not so (photo)realistic as I
> want. Rendering time is about 2 hours with Phenom X4 9950. In this scene is
> about 31000 grass "plates" which are rotated randomly.

I agree that the stome pattern need some scaling down.
For the corners, you could try the various rounded edge macros. Another
possibility would involve the use of some isosurface with some low
amplitude, relatively high frequency, noise. Also using some normals
perturbation would help.

I think that the text shows to much difference between the thick and
narrow parts. Chose a somewhat "heavy" font.

Looking at the text, the part "ultimate parasite" make me think that
whoever is buried there was not liked... It may explain why there is no
name: Peoples don't want to remember him.

If the general lighting comes from the moon, it should be much more
uniform, with any darker areas coming from obvious shadowing.

"Anno domini" in long is appropriate for something a few/several
centuries old, not of the current year... Remove a single "M" from the date.

Alain