POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Google + invites. : Re: Google + invites. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:25:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Google + invites.
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 17 Jul 2011 06:45:44
Message: <4e22bd58$1@news.povray.org>
On 16/07/2011 06:55 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Jul 2011 13:06:20 +0100, Invisible wrote:
>
>> utterly
>> plastered with ads,
>
> Hmmm, I don't see those on Facebook or Google+....Oh, wait, because I use
> one of those intractably-difficult-to-implement ad blockers that couldn't
> possibly solve the impossible problem of blocking ads. ;)
>
> <scnr>

Now try reading what I actually wrote: I said that the *other* social
sites are ad-encrusted. :-P

Although, Facebook does have ads. But it's trivially easy to ignore
them, because they're in a segregated area that you can just ignore.

A while back I saw a big documentary on TV making this big deal about
how Facebook will shortly be "using your personal data to target adverts
at you". My reaction at the time was "...and?" Today, now that I
actually /have/ a Facebook account, I can see that the nature of this
"targetting" is pittiful. Like, I write a message such as "Well, the
band was really weak last night", and the adverts scream "WANT TO BUILD
MORE MUSCLE?"

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/