POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ossified : Re: Ossified Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:26:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ossified
From: Warp
Date: 16 Jul 2011 09:30:19
Message: <4e21926a@news.povray.org>
andrel <byt### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Indeed we are talking Italy here. What makes you think that 19th century
> Italians did think the same as a Finish guy in the 21st century? Other
> than assuming your point of view is a general standard for civilized
> people because everybody you know thinks like you.

  I don't think 19th century Italians thought like 21st century Finns.
I think 19th century Italians had a pretty catholic culture, seeing that
catholicism has existed there for over a millenia, and I have never heard
decorating churches with dead bodies was part of catholic tradition. (Of
course not being a catholic myself, I could be wrong.)

> I assumed you would be shocked if you found out that in Austin Texas
> they had the stuffed head of Dijkstra on display. (I would only be
> surprised). Apparently there are indeed different cultures in the
> western world.

  Well, what do you expect from a backwoods southern hillbilly state? ;)

--
                                                          - Warp