POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Google + invites. : Re: Google + invites. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:24:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Google + invites.
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 16 Jul 2011 03:37:28
Message: <4e213fb8$1@news.povray.org>
On 16/07/2011 07:10 AM, Warp wrote:

>    I hear that to many people facebook has become more or less just a way
> to distribute party invites to acquaintances.

We (by which I mean me and my dance collegues) use it to discuss which
dances we're going to, share photos from said dances, and other general
news.

> (If you want to publish your
> life to the world, that's what twitter is for.)

I still haven't figured out what Twitter is actually for. My dad asked
me the other day, so I explained to him:

   "You know how on Facebook you can set your current status to be a
short snippet of text?"
   "Yeah?"
   "THAT'S ALL TWITTER DOES!"
   "...why? That sounds pointless."