POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tombstone in night : Re: Tombstone in night Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:24:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tombstone in night
From: David Given
Date: 15 Jul 2011 20:43:26
Message: <4e20deae$1@news.povray.org>
On 15/07/11 22:23, Le_Forgeron wrote:
[...]
> Latin on tombstone, but USA's tombstone (or english ?): european
> tombstone would have a stone to cover the grave cut. If fresh, the grave
> backfill would be visible as delimitation of the burial, until the cover
> stone is done.
> Cheap tomb could get gravel instead of cover stone, but at least the
> gravel would be in a delimited box.

Depends where you are. My bit of Europe (Scotland) doesn't go in for
grave covers that much. Normally the grave is dig, the occupant takes up
residence, it's filled and the turfs replaced, and then it gets a wooden
marker for six months or so until the soil's solidified enough to
support the stone. What you end up with is a stone and a mound. It
varies a lot, though.

The marker's CSG, right? Any way of appropriately distressing it to make
it look old?

> The tree near the tombstone made it USA. May be a private grave ? (as
> there is no path nearby, and no other stones)

We do trees in graveyards too (traditionally you grow yew in graveyards;
you use yew to make bows, and you can't grow them in fields because
they're poisonous and the animals will eat them and die).

--
┌─── dg@cowlark.com ─────
http://www.cowlark.com ─────