POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Google + invites. : Re: Google + invites. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:20:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Google + invites.
From: Invisible
Date: 15 Jul 2011 08:06:21
Message: <4e202d3d@news.povray.org>
On 15/07/2011 12:30 PM, Mike the Elder wrote:

> Sure, thanks.  As one of the last eleven people on Earth without a Facebook
> page, I should probably at least experiment with it for learning purposes.  (A

> very little of interest.)

Required XKCD quote: http://xkcd.com/146/

At the behest of various people I know, at one time or another I've been
signed up to various "social" websites. Which was a rather baffling
experience, in that they were all horrifyingly broken (if you thought MS
Word was unreliable, it's rock-solid compared to this crap!), utterly
plastered with ads, and more to the point they DON'T ACTUALLY DO
ANYTHING. Really strange.

Facebook is unique IME, in that is /actually works properly/ (most of
the time) and it /does useful things/. Not utterly critical things, but
things which at least serve a visible /purpose/.

I could write at length about the curious and amusing things Facebook
does from time to time. (E.g., the "targeted advertising" which is about
as targeted as a tactical thermonuclear warhead, or being told "you like
this", or various other perversions of the English language...)