POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ossified : Re: Ossified Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:28:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ossified
From: Invisible
Date: 15 Jul 2011 06:33:21
Message: <4e201771@news.povray.org>
On 15/07/2011 11:11 AM, Warp wrote:

>    There's a certain amount of decency and respect that we should maintain
> towards deceased people's remains, just as a cultural and psychological
> thing.

I think the whole thing is creepy as hell. On the other hand, what is
considered "decent" and what counts for "respect" varies wildly by
culture. I'm told there are places where it is traditional to eat the
flesh of the deceased as a mark of respect, and to not do so would be a
great dishonour. It makes no sense to me, but then I'm not from that
culture...