POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : You what? : Re: You what? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:25:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: You what?
From: Darren New
Date: 14 Jul 2011 13:17:25
Message: <4e1f24a5@news.povray.org>
On 7/14/2011 2:34, Warp wrote:
> Someone explained it to me, but I can't remember it now.

It is essentially sorted by how you write the character. Not the final
shape, but how you write it.

So first come all characters with a single stroke, vertical strokes before
horizontal strokes. Then all characters with two strokes, again vertical
sorting before horizontal. Etc.  (Uh, approximately like that. Don't go
taking this post as authoritative, as I'm doing it from memory.)

If you know how to read Chinese but not write it, you have a very hard time
looking something up.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Coding without comments is like