POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Gancaloon - city on the Yann : Re: Gancaloon - city on the Yann Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:31:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gancaloon - city on the Yann
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 13 Jul 2011 03:40:56
Message: <4e1d4c08@news.povray.org>
On 12-7-2011 18:42, Christian Froeschlin wrote:
> Impressive project that will keep you busy for a while ;)
>
> I'm not sure about the scale though ... the wall appears
> to be about 20m high, which would seem a bit excessive. Also,
> possibly it should follow the fine structure of the terrain
> more strongly on such uneven ground?

Thank you indeed. I am not in a hurry to finish, and this is primarily
intended as a support for future scenes inside. I doubt if I shall be
able to fill a complete city, although that would be cool ;-)

Towers are about 20 m high and walls about 15 m. Not really excessive I
believe. I based myself on designs from ancient Mycene and Mesopotamia,
and also the city of Antioch. This is not far beyond the mark. Also,
considering that the pillar height of my temple in Eavesdropping is 20 m
(and those are the correct measurements) these walls are fully in
accordance. Well, anyway, this is fantasy :-) But you are right to
mention this because some proportions have to be kept.

Thomas