POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Gancaloon - city on the Yann : Re: Gancaloon - city on the Yann Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:25:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gancaloon - city on the Yann
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 12 Jul 2011 18:17:30
Message: <4e1cc7fa$1@news.povray.org>
High!

On 12.07.2011 14:10, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> Like posfan12 I have been working for a while now on an imaginary city,
> partly inspired by the stories of Lord Dunsany, partly by the Lankhmar
> of Frank Herbert. Gancaloon is the site of my Iskander images which have
> started to appear here and on the TC-RTC site since 2006/2007.
> Eavesdropping was the very first one.

Promising idea... same with my city concepts (Port Whatmough and
Kandabul) on fictional planets/moons! A whole self-designed planet
(probably with contour maps developed to heightfields, spherical meshes
and then converted to isosurfaces... a few years ago Christoph Hormann
came up with a macro to do exactly this!) to place the city/cities on
would be really cool!

See you in Khyberspace - www.khyberspace.de

Yadgar