POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Post your first image! : Re: Post your first image! Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:26:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Post your first image!
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 12 Jul 2011 09:53:09
Message: <4e1c51c5@news.povray.org>
High!

My really first image was a small doodle with an irregular prism using
Moray in early October 1995, but unfortunately, it has not survived the
countless system crashes since then.

My oldest preserve PoV-Ray image is attached here: a scanned (therefore
the poor quality with visible bends in the paper) hardcopy of a scene
showing the Spinghar mountain range in eastern Afghanistan, dating from
1996 and made with PoV-Ray 2.2 and Moray 1.3. Note the ugly "rice
terraces" indicating that back then, I did not yet understand how
heightfields really work... but that improved with the subsequent
attempts at Khyberspace!

See you in Khyberspace - www.khyberspace.de

Yadgar

Now playing: Delta Four (Synergy)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download '1996 spinghar mountains (yadgar).jpg' (137 KB)

Preview of image '1996 spinghar mountains (yadgar).jpg'
1996 spinghar mountains (yadgar).jpg