POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Fail blog : Re: Fail blog Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:23:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fail blog
From: Warp
Date: 12 Jul 2011 06:28:57
Message: <4e1c21e9@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> Certainly I could easily believe that most of the more unknown
> ad-encrusted sites are just being paid to link to somebody else's
> adverts. But if I went to somewhere like a big movie studio, I would
> imagine all the ads on their site probably come from the same server as
> the actual content. (Then again, if you go to a website which exists
> solely to advertise a company's product... the adverts *are* the
> content, in a sense.)

  That doesn't really matter for two reasons:

1) Even in that case the ads usually come from a specific directory hierachy
which can be blacklisted.

2) If *one* website bypasses AdBlock, who cares? The fact that AdBlock works
on the million other websites who have external advertisers is reason enough
to use it.

--
                                                          - Warp