POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ubiquitous : Re: Ubiquitous Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:19:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ubiquitous
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 10 Jul 2011 06:10:51
Message: <4e197aab$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/07/2011 06:55 AM, Warp wrote:

>    I still remember the time when 4 MB in a PC was a pretty decent amount
> of RAM (and more expensive than 4 GB or RAM today). The notion of having
> 1 GB of RAM seemed completely unthinkable back then

I'm sitting a few feet away from an Amiga 1200, sold for approximately

advertised as providing "2048 K of RAM". Which, considering the
Commodore 64 we bought it to replace, seemed like one hell of a step up! o_O

(On the other hand, *my* A1200 has been upgraded to 34 MB RAM. At
considerable cost, I might add. I also installed a 850MB HD, which

probability similarly expensive. I still rememer the awe when I realised
that with 34 MB of RAM, I could actually edit an entire 2-minute CD
track *in RAM*!)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/