POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Cars 2 : Re: Cars 2 Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:20:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cars 2
From: Warp
Date: 9 Jul 2011 01:55:38
Message: <4e17ed5a@news.povray.org>
John VanSickle <evi### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> >   I heard it's the first commercial flop in Pixar's history.

> I don't know if $68 million during the opening weekend counts as a *flop*, but
> the critics have not liked this one as much as previous offerings.

  Well, so far it's estimated to have a total money loss of about 92 millions,
making it the 9th least profitable movie of all time (based on worldwide
total gross).

  (Of course the movie is still playing in theaters so the position will
probably change considerably. However, successful movies usually have earned
their budgets by this point.)

--
                                                          - Warp