POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The die is cast : Re: The die is cast Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:24:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The die is cast
From: Warp
Date: 7 Jul 2011 06:15:23
Message: <4e15873a@news.povray.org>
Bill Pragnell <bil### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> Could be. I think I'd say that too, albeit in the slightly guilty knowledge that
> I'm saying it wrong.

  Maybe "roll the dice" is an expression that's independent of how many
physical dice there actually are. A bit like the expression "coin toss"
in certain situations where there isn't actually a physical coin being
tossed.

  If that's the case, then "roll the dice" isn't actually incorrect (when
there's only one die), just a colloquialism.

--
                                                          - Warp