POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Monads in C# : Re: Monads in C# Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:30:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Monads in C#
From: Darren New
Date: 1 Jul 2011 18:54:17
Message: <4e0e5019$1@news.povray.org>
On 7/1/2011 15:15, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Sure. I get that.

You realize that of all the people who might read that, you're pretty much
the bottom of the list of target audience, right? :-)

>> The real use of nullable in C# isn't for "Maybe" cases, but for SQL. If
> Fair enough. But the net effect appears to be similar.

Yeah. You just use it for different things. More like, it's similar in SQL
to Maybe, and you use C#'s Nullable to talk to SQL, so ...

>>> (Not to mention "Monoid" verses "Composable"...)
>>
>> I don't know what "Composable" is. I don't think C# is meta enough to
>> have that as a specific language-level concept.
>
> It's something you sometimes find implemented in specific application
> programs.

That's what I'm saying. "Composable" is a design pattern, not something
actually in the language or libraries.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Coding without comments is like