POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Looking for planetary gears : Re: Looking for planetary gears Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:29:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Looking for planetary gears
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 1 Jul 2011 18:17:40
Message: <4e0e4784$1@news.povray.org>
On 01/07/2011 10:12 PM, H. Karsten wrote:
> Invisible<voi### [at] devnull>  wrote:
>> It baffles me that in this day and age, people still use images with
>> dithering. I mean, how long have the display technologies and file
>> formats for true 24-bit colour been around?
>
> When I'm saving images not to show beauty but content, I always try to make them
> small.

You realise that /not/ dithering it down to 256 colours would probably
make the file drastically /smaller/, right?

Anyway, I didn't mean to rant at you particularly. But I've noticed a
lot of so-called "professional software" still has icons and things in
256 or even 16 colours. For no apparent reason.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/