POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : True failure : Re: True failure Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:20:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: True failure
From: Warp
Date: 30 Jun 2011 04:51:48
Message: <4e0c3924@news.povray.org>
> Psychonauts is the only game I've ever seen that takes "telling a story"
> seriously.

  That's the thing: I don't understand what's so "good" about it storywise
either. It feels simplistic.

  There are tons of other games which have great storytelling out there.
Even skipping (J)RPGs, we have games like Red Dead Redemption and Mafia II
as good examples. (Granted, they are pretty new games, but as I said,
Psychonauts being published in 2005 makes it a relatively recent game.
If it had been published in the 90's it might have been better in that
context.)

--
                                                          - Warp