POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Curious C / C++ defined behavior question : Re: Curious C / C++ defined behavior question Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:16:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Curious C / C++ defined behavior question
From: Darren New
Date: 28 Jun 2011 12:30:38
Message: <4e0a01ae$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/28/2011 5:26, Lars R. wrote:
> On 06/22/11 21:50, Darren New wrote:
>> Does the standard say anything about how deeply nested calls can
>> recurse?
>
> Partially: At least 2, because it says that functions can be called
> recursively. :-)

Heh heh heh. That's a point.

> there are a lot of limits and other limitations where "no diagnostic is
> required". But I cannot find anything about a maximum of function call
> nesting levels, neither in C++ 2003 nor in C 99.

See, that bothers me. Because it implies a function call will always
succeed, because they didn't say it might fail but they do tell you the
semantics of it succeeding.  That's why I wondered what kind of wording they
were using.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Coding without comments is like