POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Persistence of Vision : Re: Persistence of Vision Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:24:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Persistence of Vision
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 28 Jun 2011 10:33:19
Message: <4e09e62f@news.povray.org>
On 06/07/2011 10:13 PM, stbenge wrote:
> It probably won't, and it's not my fault <g> Maybe if you use
> superellipsoids instead of rounded boxes, the memory requirement of the
> macro will be lower (just a guess).

Yep ... no difference. The number of parsed tokens sky-rockets when
scaling is less than 0.75 (OTO). I ended up using twice that in this
version.

I /really/ like the reflected view but I'm not so sure about the pose.
The backside illumination on the shrubs turned out cool with the light
at this angle, I also put some specular and a normal on the floor.

Before I decide if I want to develop this approach and further I figured
I'd post to see what kind of reaction I get ;-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'ndi.png' (357 KB)