POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Core, look at that... : Re: Core, look at that... Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:17:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Core, look at that...
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 26 Jun 2011 05:20:29
Message: <4e06f9dd@news.povray.org>
On 25/06/2011 06:44 PM, Darren New wrote:

> I knew someone who worked on modern military helicopters, at least some
> of which also have mag core memory. The thing is, it's non-volatile. You
> can lose power without wiping out your mission or having to reboot or
> whatever.

I wonder how well the power consumption of core compares to flash.

Because, let's face it, flash is available in densities that core will
never match.

Also, I was under the impression that core requires constant temperature
operating conditions, or you have to recalibrate it.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/