POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The Sims meet Vista, wackiness ensues : The Sims meet Vista, wackiness ensues Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:21:42 EDT (-0400)
  The Sims meet Vista, wackiness ensues
From: Sherry K  Shaw
Date: 24 Jun 2011 22:22:45
Message: <4e054675@news.povray.org>
Today I spent, oh, I don't know, about a century and a half unscrewing
various Vista "features" on my brother-in-law's pc.  Then he decided
that he wanted to install The Sims Deluxe (plus a whole bunch of
expansions).  My sister had been playing the thing on her XP 'puter, no
problems.

Put CD in drive.  Accept legal crap.  Accept default locations.  Dialog
box finally appears in which to enter product key.

Product key is something like:  1234 - 1234567 - 1234567 - 1234
Entry fields have exactly enough space for:  123 - 123456 - 123456 - 123

See the problem?

So now I've spent another century and a half googling for a solution, to
no avail.  Anybody got any ideas?

--Sherry Shaw