POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Lytro Cameras : Re: Lytro Cameras Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:24:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lytro Cameras
From: nemesis
Date: 24 Jun 2011 10:35:29
Message: <4e04a0b1@news.povray.org>
Invisible escreveu:
> On 23/06/2011 02:42 AM, Chambers wrote:
>
>> By capturing more information from the scene, pictures taken with a
>> Lytro camera
>> allow you to adjust the focus after the picture has been taken.
>
> I heard about that technology years ago. (It may even have been on
> Tomorrow's World.) Not particularly interesting to me, because I usually
> just want *everything* to be in focus - which it usually is.
>
> I'll get excited when they release a holographic camera. (Which, I would
> like to point out, is *totally* plausible.)

yes, holography is exactly what I thought of (the "light from all
directions" concept).

Of course, holography and this focal-changing one demands a proper
viewer too, possibly even more expensive, limited and cumbersome than
the simple 2-frames stereographic ones they're trying and failing so
hard to sell today.

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9