POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Statistics : Re: Statistics Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:20:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Statistics
From: Invisible
Date: 24 Jun 2011 04:30:33
Message: <4e044b29$1@news.povray.org>
On 23/06/2011 09:49 PM, Darren New wrote:
> On 6/23/2011 12:29, clipka wrote:
>> Unfortunately, the safer cars get the more careless the drivers become.
>
> I've read studies where they found that anti-lock brakes didn't reduce
> the number of accidents because people just followed closer. I imagine
> it's the same thing.

I severely doubt that most people have the slightest clue whether their
car has ABS or not. Apparently nobody has a clue how this technology
works. (Most people seem to think it somehow magically increases grip.)

It's true that safety features tend to make people less cautious. But I
doubt this particular one is a valid example.