POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Spinner scene, continued : Re: Spinner scene, continued Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:18:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spinner scene, continued
From: Alain
Date: 23 Jun 2011 23:49:20
Message: <4e040940$1@news.povray.org>
Le 2011/06/23 20:07, SharkD a écrit :
> On 6/23/2011 7:03 PM, clipka wrote:
>> Am 23.06.2011 23:53, schrieb SharkD:
>>> Exterior view. Not very exciting.
>>
>> The attitude control system lacks thrusters tangential to the cylinder,
>> to stabilize the station with regard to axial rotation.
>

> Yeah. Not sure where to put the fuel tanks for the thrusters then though.
>
> Also, I want to add a reactor for the lamp lighting the station. What
> should it look like, and should I get rid of the solar panels?

The fuel tanks for the attitude thrusters are relatively small as they
are relatively rarely used, and for only short times. They can logicaly
be located inside the outer shell.

Get rid of the solar pannels? Why?
Solar energy is the ONLY resource that is not scarse up there. You want
to get as much of it as possible. For that reason, I think that the
solar pannels sould be at least 10 to 100 times larger.
Having extra energy allows for beter recycling of the air and water,
improve food production and greatly helps producing the manufactured
goods you need. It can also help with your trusters by using ion based
thrusters or chimical thrusters fitted with some overheating device to
greatly increase ejection speed, and thus, get more thrust from the same
amount of propellant. Use smaller fuel storage, and make it last much,
much longer.

Alain