POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Statistics : Re: Statistics Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:23:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Statistics
From: Alain
Date: 23 Jun 2011 21:15:47
Message: <4e03e543@news.povray.org>
Le 2011/06/23 16:49, Darren New a écrit :
> On 6/23/2011 12:29, clipka wrote:
>> Unfortunately, the safer cars get the more careless the drivers become.
>
> I've read studies where they found that anti-lock brakes didn't reduce
> the number of accidents because people just followed closer. I imagine
> it's the same thing.

In fact, anti-lock breaks can CAUSE some accident.

Some reasons:
1 - Usualy, only one rotation reading per fotation.
2 - They are NOT progressive. It's all or nothing. It can literaly jerk
your foot off the break pedal.
3 - Been all/nothing, they can realy shake your car around, possibly
quite violently.
4 - In an emergency, if you brake near the sliding point and ONE wheel
slips a little more than the others, ALL breaking stops, then comes back
at FULL force, possibly causing all 4 whells to lock.

Correctly implemented anti-lock brakes should have multiple analog
sensors of multiple parameters:
Braking tork.
Suspention load.
Continouus rotation speed: e.e. arount 100 reading per rotations. Most
have less than 5...