POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Statistics : Re: Statistics Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:24:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Statistics
From: Darren New
Date: 23 Jun 2011 16:49:10
Message: <4e03a6c6$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/23/2011 13:05, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> On 23/06/2011 07:53 PM, Darren New wrote:
>> On 6/23/2011 8:33, Invisible wrote:
>>> 2. There's very little you can do about deadly diseases.
>>
>> Huh?
>>
>> What century do you live in? I live in the one after the invention of
>> the germ theory of disease.
>
> SARS is a *viral* disease.

Even more to my point. That's even more the reason to be more afraid of SARS
than of cars.  The only way to be safe from it is avoid it completely.

Also, you've given no evidence that you don't have the causality backwards.
People paniced about SARS and bird flu, and hence much fewer people caught
it. People don't panic about cars, and hence many more people die. Thus,
panic about a danger is a good thing. QED. ;-)

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Coding without comments is like