POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Core, look at that... : Re: Core, look at that... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:16:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Core, look at that...
From: Darren New
Date: 23 Jun 2011 14:36:54
Message: <4e0387c6$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/23/2011 7:57, Invisible wrote:
> Oh. I hadn't realised it was this small. I was thinking that the "cores"
> were the same sort of size as the RF filters you still find on some cables.

Not really. Draw a circle as small as you can with a fine mechanical pencil,
and you get something the size of a core.

>  From the look of this photograph, they actually put the stuff on "chips" of
> a sort...

Boards. That picture is a 10cm x 10cm board. 8K was about as big as you
could hold in one hand, stretching your fingers.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Coding without comments is like