POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Statistics : Re: Statistics Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:53:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Statistics
From: clipka
Date: 23 Jun 2011 14:08:14
Message: <4e03810e$1@news.povray.org>
Am 23.06.2011 19:33, schrieb andrel:
> On 23-6-2011 19:10, clipka wrote:
>> Am 23.06.2011 16:02, schrieb Le_Forgeron:
>>
>>> What about the number of killed people in aircraft per year ?
>>
>> Far less than in car accidents. Flying is actually the safest way to
>> travel on a risk-per-distance basis, even before trains.
>
> I think that is not true, elevators are even safer.

What distance do you travel in a typical elevator?

You really think getting stuck is the worst thing that can happen to you
in an elevator?

Also think outside the box of technical problems. Terrorist attacks are
probably included in the statistics of aircraft travel, so you should
also include physical assaults in the risk assessment of traveling with
elevators.

And if that doesn't prove me right, let's limit the argument to
components of travel perpendicular to the gravitational field :-P