POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Statistics : Re: Statistics Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:24:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Statistics
From: Warp
Date: 23 Jun 2011 11:36:04
Message: <4e035d64@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> Apparently a 2008 estimate suggests that 11.15 million murders are
> committed per year in the USA. (Emphasis *estimate*.)

  I would like to see some credible references to that. 11 million people
is like nuking New York and a good chunk of its surroundings (New York
has a population of something like 8 million). Each year.

  Given that the US has a population of about 300 million, that kind of
murder rate would make it deserted in about 27 years.

  In Finland about 140 murders are committed each year.

--
                                                          - Warp