POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Three guesses why : Re: Three guesses why Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:21:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Three guesses why
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 22 Jun 2011 16:31:48
Message: <4e025134$1@news.povray.org>
On 22/06/2011 05:07 PM, Darren New wrote:

> You *could* make a separate thread to handle this one case, but it's
> probably not worth it, esp. since you're the only person in my entire
> career I've heard complain about it.

The other fun one is clicking on A: by mistake. It takes an absurdly
long time to figure out that there's no disk there. (That's possibly a
limitation of the hardware, but some sort of status indication wouldn't
hurt.)

Still, apparently only people like me actually *care* that the design is
flawed. Normal people just assume "it's a computer, it's not supposed to
work properly". So why does M$ have any incentive to fix it? It's not
like it affects their profits...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/