POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Spinner scene, continued : Re: Spinner scene, continued Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:29:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spinner scene, continued
From: Alain
Date: 19 Jun 2011 16:32:38
Message: <4dfe5ce6$1@news.povray.org>

> Some tweaks after I realized the people and some other objects were out of scale
> with each other! Doh!!

Time to close it and do a radiosity render using the bright central beam
as your light source.

Now that I can more clearly apreciate the intended dimentions, my
initial comments about transportation are getting even tronger. It's
conciderably less tham 1 Km in length. On foot, you can probably go from
just about anywhere to anywhere on an average of about 10 minutes. I
also think that the maglevs tracks soult turn when they reatch the end
caps. If not, then there must be terminal stations at those points.

The inside windows in the end cap must curve inward MUCH more to resist
the air pressure. Even if there is air between the hull and iner shell,
it's needed to prevent them bursting in case of a catastrophic hull breatch.

If the space between the iner shell and the hull is presurised, then the
outher windows will need to bulge out like gigantic bubbles similar to
the geodesic domes you already have.

Alain