POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Perhaps things are changing after all : Perhaps things are changing after all Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:16:19 EDT (-0400)
  Perhaps things are changing after all
From: Warp
Date: 15 Jun 2011 10:23:22
Message: <4df8c05a@news.povray.org>
Yeah, controversial European politics once again. I know. But I find it
interesting.

  It seems that, at least in Britain, there might perhaps be a slow change
in attitude among the media, especially the major newspapers. These subjects
seem to be no longer a taboo and a source of self-censorship there:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/8570506/Police-covered-up-violent-campaign-to-turn-London-area-Islamic.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1386558/Tower-Hamlets-Taliban-Death-threats-women-gays-attacked-streets.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1340599/WikiLeaks-1-3-British-Muslim-students-killing-Islam-40-want-Sharia-law.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2010/jul/25/female-circumcision-children-british-law

  The media in the rest of Europe is still censoring themselves and ignoring
the issues. I wish this could change here too.

--
                                                          - Warp