POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Government statistics : Re: Government statistics Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:16:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Government statistics
From: Invisible
Date: 13 Jun 2011 10:00:04
Message: <4df617e4$1@news.povray.org>

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/downloads/theme_labour/ashe-2010/2010-all-employees.pdf

> Hmm. Given the various percentile points, is it possible to estimate
> which percentile an arbitrary value would fall into? (Beyond "somewhere
> between these two data points".)

Looking at the graph [for male full-time employment in 2010], it seems
that these values actually form a surprisingly straight line until you
each roughly the 70th percentile (then it starts to curve upward more
sharply).

the 15th percentile.

So yes. Apparently I now earn more money than 15% of the people who are
in full-time employment. Or, if you're a glass-half-empty person, I earn
less than what 85% of the population in full-time employment earns.

Also, apparently due to minimum wage laws, the lowest sum that you can

so above that.